Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from Taste of Home. Make sure you have a big bowl handy because this makes a lot. I use low fat ingredients but you can use regular if you prefer!
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large serving bowl, combine the macaroni, carrots, green pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Awful! I was asked to throw it away immediately ...and it made a ton! What a waste!
The best macaroni salad I've ever tasted. Highly recommend!! My husband keeps begging me to make it again and again.
this salad is just wonderful,I took it to a christmas party and it was a big hit. my family loves it. thank you. to this recipe I seeded four small jalipeno peppers, minced them and added to the salad. I used salad dressing to replace the mayo. Doris