Recipe by dicentra
Food & Wine. June 2007. How fun would it be to throw a Pirate or Carribean themed party and serve this?! :)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups dark rum
- 2 cups ice, plus more for serving
- lime slice, and
- cilantro leaf, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and ginger to a boil.
- Simmer over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Strain the syrup into a large pitcher, pressing hard on the ginger. Let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the lime juice, rum and the 2 cups of ice. Strain into ice-filled glasses and garnish with lime slices and cilantro.