Recipe by Engrossed
I received this recipe from a co-worker. She loves it. I haven't tried it yet. The ingredients seem interesting. She says it has a wonderful aroma and sweet flavor. A written quote from her "This is a great one, very "comfy" on a cold morning or afternoon!"
- 4 cups red lentils or 4 cups yellow lentils
- 16 cups vegetable broth (can mix) or 16 cups coconut milk (can mix)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup rose water or 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 cups raisins (can mix) or 2 cups dates (can mix)
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup green pistachios, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything except the nuts and raisins in a large dutch oven and boil until most of the liquid is absorbed. Approx 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Transfer lentils to a large flat dish, stir in nuts and fruit. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh bread and honey.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander, or minted yogurt.