1 hr 10 mins
I received this recipe from a co-worker. She loves it. I haven't tried it yet. The ingredients seem interesting. She says it has a wonderful aroma and sweet flavor. A written quote from her "This is a great one, very "comfy" on a cold morning or afternoon!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups red lentils or 4 cups yellow lentils
- 16 cups vegetable broth (can mix) or 16 cups coconut milk (can mix)
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup rose water or 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 cups raisins (can mix) or 2 cups dates (can mix)
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup green pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 1Mix everything except the nuts and raisins in a large dutch oven and boil until most of the liquid is absorbed. Approx 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Transfer lentils to a large flat dish, stir in nuts and fruit. Bake for 30 minutes.
- 4Serve with fresh bread and honey.
- 5Garnish with fresh chopped coriander, or minted yogurt.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.6
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 22.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: