1/1 Photo of Sweet Lemon Cheese Braid
2 hrs 25 mins
One of my favorite morning treats! Prep time includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons warm water, 110-115 degrees
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 -3 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Add sugar, milk, butter, eggs, salt and 2 cups flour.
- 3Beat on low speed for 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 5Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- 6Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. (*I use butter-flavored crisco for this. But butter might work also.).
- 7Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour or so.
- 8Meanwhile, beat filling ingredients in a mixing bowl until fluffy, set aside.
- 9Punch dough down when doubled.
- 10On a floured surface, roll into a 14"-12" rectangle.
- 11Place on a greased baking sheet. (I use butter-flavored cooking spray).
- 12Spead filling down center, (center third), of rectangle. (Longways.).
- 13On each side of filling, cut 1" wide strips, 3" into center.
- 14Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Seal end.
- 15Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 16Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- 17Combine icing ingredients, drizzle over bread.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Lemon Cheese Braid
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 111.2 mg
- Sodium 268.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 8.7 g