Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of Shop To Cook.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line bottom of 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, butter and 1/2 cup confectioners sugar together using hand mixer until fine crumbs form. Using drinking glass, press crumbs evenly onto bottom of lined baking dish. Bake until crust is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs, granulated sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add lemon rind and lemon juice. Blend in cream cheese. Pour over baked crust. Return to oven and bake until firm in the center when touched, about 25 minutes longer.
- Cool to room temperature; sift remaining confectioners sugar over top. Cut into 9 squares and cut each of the squares in half diagonally to make triangles. Serve or store refrigerator.