Recipe by Ppaperdoll
This is a lovely, dessert. From Delicious magazine. It looks nice topped with berries, when in season. Prep time does not include 30 minutes chilling time.
- 500 g ready made shortcrust pastry
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 lemons, juice and rind of
- 140 g caster sugar (superfine)
- 200 ml creme fraiche
- 100 g rindless fresh goat's cheese, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 160 degrees C, Gas mark 4. Roll out pastry and line a 20 cm loose-bottom tart tin. Chill 30 minutes.
- Line pastry with creesproof paper and fill with baking beans. Bake 'blind' 15 minutes, remove from oven, and take out paper and beans.
- Brush inside of crust with a little of the beaten egg, then return to oven for 5 more minutes to crisp. Remove from oven.
- Reduce heat of oven to 130 degrees C, gas mark 2.
- In a medium bowl, stir lemon juice and peel and sugar together until dissolved. Beat in remaining eggs and creame fraiche. Tip into a jug (unless your bowl has a pouring spout).
- Put tart case on baking sheet and place on oven rack. Pour in lemon mixture. Sprinkle over crumbled goat cheese and back 1 hour. The tart should be set, but wobble slightly (you may need to cook 10 minutes more).
- Serve warm or cold.