Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sweet lassi is made with cold yogurt and flavored with sweet rose water and cardamom
- 150 ml plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon rose syrup (substitute rose water, but add 1 teaspoon sugar more)
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 150 ml cold water with some ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 saffron threads
- 4 mint leaves
- Put the yogurt, the cardamom, the rose water and the turmeric in a bowl and mix well with the wire whisk.
- Mix with a food processor the iced water, the sugar, the saffron threads and 2 mint leaves until the ice and the mint leaves are crushed and add it to the yogurt mixture.
- Blend the mixture with a hand blender until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with the 2 remaining mint leaves.
This is wonderful. We had some left over coconut milk from another recipe, so we threw it in as well. About 2/3 cup. What a flavorful drink. Thanks for sharing!
Must admit I was a little reluctant to pick up on your recipe since, with those ingredients, it would be a flavor combo I'd never had before, but my adventurous side kicked in & I'm so glad it did! You have a wonderful tasting drink & a recipe that's a definite keeper! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
With the heat hitting into the mid 30's here this was a real treat. I made it breakfast this morning. I used fat free vanilla yogurt (what I had) and with the spice it was delicious. A great light way to start whats going to be a scorching day or any day :D.