1/4 Photos of Sweet Kugel
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This kugel is a must on our Holiday table. It's my most requested recipe. There are no measurements for the nutmeg and cinnamon...I just sprinkle a light dusting on the top of the noodles prior to mixing it all together. The photos I've posted show the kugel before baking, after baking and sliced and ready for serving.
My Private Note
if cut ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) package noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs cottage cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar applesauce (I use cinnamon flavored)
- 1 cup white raisins
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- frosted flakes, crushed (enough to cover kugel)
- butter, melted (enough to moisten the flakes)
- 1Mix drained noodles with eggs, cream cheese (see note), cottage cheese, applesauce, raisins, sugar and spices.
- 2Melt butter in a 9 x 13" baking dish.
- 3Add noodle mixture.
- 4Topping: Mix frosted flakes with enough butter to moisten.
- 5Sprinkle on top of kugel.
- 6Cover kugel with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- 7Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer checking frequently so top does not burn.
- 8If it is getting to crisp on top, cover with foil till done.
- 9NOTE: Please DO NOT omit the cream cheese and nutmeg as mentioned in the review. They are an integral part of the recipe.
Browse Our Top Jewish (Ashkenazi) Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jewish (Ashkenazi) Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.9
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 187.3 mg
- Sodium 395.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 33.2 g
- Protein 17.5 g