Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons hot mango chutney
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a big skillet; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until heated through.
I cooked the rice in chicken stock. I then added the green onion, almonds, coconut and added 1 can of tropical fruit that I cut up in small pieces. The women in my family loved it, not so much with the men. The left overs tasted even better the next day. Thanks for a new rice recipe!