Recipe by Chris from Kansas
The jalapeno jelly in this recipe creates a special sweet and spicy glaze.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 3 lbs country-style pork ribs, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) jar red jalapeno jelly
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle A.1. Original Sauce or 1 (5 ounce) bottleother steak sauce
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in a 4-quart electric slow cooker.
- Set aside.
- Cut ribs apart; sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoons pepper.
- Place ribs on a rack in a broiler pan.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with oven door partially opened) 18 to 20 minutes or until well browned, turning once.
- Add ribs to slow cooker and sprinkle with onion.
- Combine jelly, steak sauce, and, if desired, chopped pepper in a saucepan; cook over low heat until jelly melts.
- Pour over ribs; stir gently.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours or on LOW 9 to 10 hours.
- Remove ribs; skim fat from sauce.
- Cook sauce with beans, uncovered on HIGH 30 more minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add ribs just before serving to reheat.