Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
Will be a new favorite. Always in heavy rotation in our house. Pattys are freezable.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (McCormicks Montreal Steak)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (tender)
- 6 large basil leaves
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 4 onion rolls or 4 kaiser rolls
- 4 slices cheese (Montery Jack or Provolone)
- olive oil
- mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- cut tomatoes with kitchen shears and soak in olive oil to soften, about 10 minutes.
- shread basil leaves.
- whip egg in small bowl, add drained tomatoes and basil.
- place chicken in medium bowl with suger, grill seasoning and garlic.
- Add egg, tomato and basil and mix gently. Mix only enough to combine ingredients to form 4 patties, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
- core and slice red pepper to 1/4 inch rings.
- slice onion to 1/4 inch rings.
- preheat skillet add 2 Tbl olive oil. Cook onion and pepper till tender about 5 minutes set aside.
- heat broiler.
- place patties in olive oil and cook each side about 6 mins.
- toast buns under broiler, about 1 min and remove.
- Spread miracle whip on bottom bun. place burger on bun with a few rings of onion and pepper. Place cheese on top and place under broiler for about 1 min to melt cheese.
Too rich for me but Dh gives them a big thumbs up. I used Montreal Steak Seasoning #83902.