1 hr 15 mins
This hearty, delicious marinara sauce is infused with flavors from sweet Italian sausage and wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 lbs sweet Italian sausage, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 8 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Heat olive oil on medium-high heat in a large dutch oven.
- 2Add half of italian sausage and saute until golden brown.
- 3Remove cooked sausage and repeat with remaining sausage.
- 4Remove all sausage and set aside.
- 5Add chopped onions and minced garlic to pot. Turn heat to medium low and saute 5 minutes.
- 6Add tomato paste and saute until onions develop nice golden color. Stir frequently and WATCH CAREFULLY to make sure the tomato paste doesn't burn.
- 7Once the onions are golden, add the wine and stir, incorporating all of the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Add all remaining ingredients and browned sausage to pot and stir well.
- 9Turn heat to medium low and simmer 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Italian Sausage Marinara Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (632 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.2
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 1911.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 41.5 g