1/2 Photos of Sweet Italian Sausage and Vidalia Onion
Chef #1314056's Note:
An easy to make delicious main course that can be served over pasta or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 link sweet Italian sausage
- 1 large vidalia onion (or other sweet)
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 2 medium summer squash
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml celery seed
- 2.46 ml dried rosemary
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1Heat olive oil on medium high heat in a large fryig pan.
- 2Remove sausage from casing and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- 3Peel onion and slice in 1/4 inch slices.
- 4After heating oil in large fryinng pan, add italian sausage.
- 5Once the italian sausage is browned, add the onions and garlic.
- 6Cook until onions are transluccent.
- 7Add tomatoes, undrained.
- 8Add all spices and mix thoroughly - taking care not to break up sausage.
- 9Bring to a boil and turn down to medium low.
- 10Cover tightly.
- 11Wash squash
- 12Slice squash into 1/4 inch slices.
- 13Remove cover.
- 14Add squash into sauce and stir lightly.
- 15Replace cover.
- 16Turn down burner to low.
- 17Simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- 18Serve over jasmine rice or pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Italian Sausage and Vidalia Onion
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.1
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 1076.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: