Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this flavorful dressing in the Chicago Sun-Times. It is similar to the dressing found on salads at Portillo's and Maggiano's restaurants.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Place vinegar, garlic, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor.
- While the machine is running, slowly drizzle olive oil through the blender top or feed tube until dressing is combined and emulsified.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
If you are looking for something similar to the Portillo's or Maggiano's "house" dressing (e.g. on chopped salad), this is NOT it. This was too tart and tangy to resemble the sweetness of either of those restaurants. This is more like the Absolutely Fabulous Greek/House dressing on Allrecipes, but not as good in my opinion. It's an o-kay dressing, but nothing like Portillo's or Maggiano's. I wouldn't use again.
Very nice, simple dressing. I used sugar substitute instead of the sugar and added a little thyme. Thanks Judy!
Very good dressing! We have a mini Cuisinart in our school kitchen that doesn't have the feed tube, so I just added the oil a little at a time, blending after each addition. Worked great and tasted wonderful on Recipe #404870.