Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I decided to cut out all the fuss and measuring. It sounds like a lot of sugar but it's not. This makes a great Sweet Italian Dressing for your salad that can also be used for Sweet & Sour Slaw, or a 3-Bean Salad.
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar (red wine preferred)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Good Seasons Italian dressing or 1 (2/3 ounce) packagezesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil (olive oil preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Combine all ingredients.
- Shake vigorously.
- Store in container with tight fitting lid.
- To maintain freshness refrigerate leftovers up to 4 weeks.
I made this for a family dinner, and everyone loved it! I used cider vinegar (didn't have any red) and just went off the "V," "W," and "O" marks on my cruet instead of using a measuring cup. I added the 1/2 cup sugar at the end and shook it until it was well-mixed. It was a great change from the usual Italian. Everyone wanted the recipe! Thanks!