Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a pleasant quick treat that is easy to make and tastes great. It's not elaborate and crazy amazing, but it's really tasty and simple. My hubby loves vanilla ice cream and he loves this treat. There really isn't anything not to love!
- Make sure ice cream is soft and spreadable.
- Crush corn flakes and peanuts with food processor, or whack at them with a spoon, or smash them with your bare hands like my husband does! :).
- Melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat until combined and smooth - no need to boil.
- Stir in corn flakes and peanuts.
- Spread half of mixture in bottom of 13x9 pan.
- Spread ice cream over mixture with a metal spoon. (It can be a little tricky).
- Pour rest of mixture over ice cream.
- Let freeze for about 3 hours.
- Serve with chocolate syrup if desired.
This was quite good! Very easy to make - I started smoothing on the ice-cream with a spoon & then just resorted to my bare hands - it was cold but only took a couple of seconds. I also gently pressed the topping into the ice-cream layer (with the back of a spoon) so it wouldn't fall off when serving. This dessert definitely stands alone but I served with Peanut Butter Crunch Ice-Cream Topping (#158716).
I've been looking for this recipe ever since college. This was great. I used fat-free vanilla, and it actually tasted just fine. Just like the cafeteria used to make : )