Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Found on Slice of Life's Facebook page. She credits http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-humming-bird-cake-00420000009125 .
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum (optional)
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package banana cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- toasted pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together first 5 ingredients and rum, if desired, in a large mixing bowl at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add cake mix, beat at meadium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clearn. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Microwave frosting on high 15 to 20 seconds or until pourable. Let stand one minute before drizzling over cake. Sprinkle pecans over frosting.
- Gooseberry Patch Quick and Easy Family Favorites, Gooseberry Patch.