- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small, heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water, vinegar, garlic and salt.
- Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar and salt and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer until the liquid reduces slightly and thickens to a light syrup. Remove from the heat and stir in the garlic chili sauce.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Transfer the cooled sauce to a tightly sealed jar and store at room temperature for 2 to 3 days. .