This sweet and spicy Thai burger recipe was the $50,000 grand prize winner at the 2007 Sutter Home Build a Better Burger Contest and Cook-Off. It was created by Karen Bernards. I'm curious to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Thai Salad Topping
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons bottled Thai sweet chili sauce (like Mae Ploy)
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
- 2To make the mayonnaise, whisk the mayonnaise, lime juice and cilantro in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- 3To make the salad, whisk the lime juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, sweet chili sauce, ginger, cilantro and basil in a small bowl. Combine the cucumber, red pepper, and bean sprouts in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing to coat. Cover with plastic wrap; set aside.
- 4To make the patties, combine the chuck, salt, sweet chili sauce, green onions and chip pieces in a large bowl, handling as little as possible. Shape into 6 patties to fit the buns. Loosely cover with plastic wrap; set aside.
- 5When the grill is ready, brush the grill rack with vegetable oil. Place the patties on the rack, cover and cook, turning once until done to preference, 5 to 7 minutes on each side for medium. Place the buns, cut side down, on the outer edges of the grill rack to toast lightly during the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- 6To assemble the burgers, spread a generous amount of the cilantro mayonnaise over the cut sides of the buns. On each bun bottom, place a grilled patty, followed by equal portions of the Thai salad, add the top bun and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Hot Thai Burger
Serving Size: 1 (1541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.9
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 1798.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: