Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Sweet and Savory Pecans make a nice gift anytime, Packaged and labled with recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups pecan halves
- In a bowl mix sugar, cayenne, salt, coriander cinnamon, and allspice.
- Whisk in egg white and canola oil.
- Stir in pecan halves.
- Spread nuts in a single layer in an oiled nonstick 10-by 15-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 300 degree regular or convection oven, stirring occasionally, until nuts are crisp and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool about 5 minutes, then use a wide spatula to loosen nuts from pan; cool completely.
- Serve or store in airtight container at room temperature up to two weeks.
We got these as a Christmas gift. Yummy! They were made with almonds instead of pecans and were delicious. The recipe included with ours had 1/2 tsp coriander instead, otherwise was the same.
Tantalizing! Sweet, hot, very crisp; fast and easy to make. Can't ask for more!
These are truly wonderful. I used half almonds, half pecans. Also didn't have Allspice so substituted 2 parts cinnamon, 1 part nutmeg, and 1 part cloves. My biggest challenge is finding a place to hide these nuts so I have enough left for Thanksgiving.