3 hrs 15 mins
From April 2007 issue of Southern Living. The photo of this ham looks delicious. I'm planning to make this for Easter dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup plum preserves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 7 lbs smoked fully cooked bone-in ham
- pineapple, for garnish
- kiwi, for garnish
- green onion, for garnish
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1Combine the preserves, orange juice, lime juice, mustard, honey, ginger and red pepper in a saucepan.
- 2On medium high heat, bring to a boil, constantly stirring.
- 3Reduce heat to medium low and simmer (still stirring constantly) until the preserves are melted and the mixture is blended.
- 4Reserve half of this plum mixture in a microwave bowl.
- 5Trim the excess fat on the ham to 1/8" thickness and cut shallow diamond patterns over the entire ham.
- 6Place the ham on a rack in a foil lined pan.
- 7Brush ham with some of the plum mixture that is still in the saucepan.
- 8Bake the ham, uncovered, at 350 degrees on the lower oven rack for 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Baste with the plum mixture in the saucepan every 30 minutes.
- 10Loosely cover the ham with foil and bake 1 hour 45 minutes, basting every 30 minutes.
- 11A meat thermometer should register 140 degrees in the thickest portion.
- 12Let the ham stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- 13Warm the reserved plum mixture in a microwave and serve with the ham.
- 14Place the ham on a platter and garnish with the fruit and onions.
- 15Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the garnish.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Hot Plum Glazed Ham
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 968.9
- Calories from Fat 503
- Total Fat 55.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 298.2 mg
- Sodium 206.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 85.4 g