Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have been making this for years, and people always request the recipe. It's easy to make, and perfect for holiday gift-giving. The heat depends on what kind of peppers you use, I love to throw a mix of chili peppers and get the nice heat at the back end when you eat it. Enjoy!
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- assorted fresh hot chili pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 ounces liquid pectin or 2 (3 ounce) packets liquid pectin
- Remove stems and seeds from green bell peppers.
- Grind green peppers in a food processor until liquified.
- Measure 3/4 cup of green peppers into a large heavy saucepan.
- Grind the hot peppers in the same way and add 1/2 cup to the saucepan.
- Add the vinegar and sugar.
- Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Add pectin and stir until well blended.
- Bring back to a full rolling boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat and skim foam.
- Ladle into hot jars and seal.
- Process in a water bath canner for 5 minutes, or invert jars upside down on a protected surface for about 10-15 minutes to give a secure seal.