Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I was on a hunt for a recipe that was similar to one that we love from a restaurant called Oregano's in Arizona...I found this one on allrecipes ...it's real close...I added an option (in step 5) this makes them more like the "Italian Gold Wings" that the restaurant serves...I posted another photo they are the ones on the purple plate...
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Arrange the wings on the prepared baking sheet so they do not touch; season with salt.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned and crispy on top, about 20 minutes.
- Flip the wings with tongs and cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes more. (option: toss the wings after cooking all the way though in hot oil -- 350° for 2-3 minutes to crisp them up -- do a quick drain before continuing with the recipe).
- Stir together the Dijon mustard, yellow mustard, honey, cider vinegar, salt, pepper and hot sauce in large mixing bowl.
- Add the wings to the bowl and toss with a spatula to coat evenly.
- Allow to sit for abut five minutes and toss again to re-coat.
- Transfer to a plate to serve.
Wow-zah!!! I made these for dinner and hubby and I devoured all but the 2 I hid from him to eat for lunch the next day! I will update this post in a while when my internet is running better. But they are excellent with proper cooking! Thank you for posting this. We will use this many more times (but basting with it 1/2 way thru! Its kinda like a Carolina sauce that I make). Made for PRMR
WOW! These wings were out of this world good. No changes needed. I used Siracha hot chili sauce for the hot pepper sauce. I was tempted to double the sauce, glad I didn't, did not need to. It was not drippy, just perfect. A ten star recipe for sure. Thank You
No wonder these tasty wings are one of your favorites. They are so good. Quick and so easy to make with wonderful results. I baked mine in the oven and made your wonderful sauce. So good, made as written but did add some extra hot sauce. (personal preference only) These were amazing, my new favorite wing recipe. Kudos to you Teresa for making it into my Best of Cookbook for 2015. These babies rock....I will be making these often. Thank you so much for sharing. Wish I could give them more than 5 star's, they deserve 10..... Made FYC Tag Game.