This stuff is divine. I've been making it for years as a dip for taquitos, flautas, and burritos. I also discovered that if I mix it with sour cream and hot sauce it becomes dipping sauce of the gods. This recipe uses red wine vinegar and lime juice, something I didn't find anywhere here. I pour this into plastic containers with lids and store it in the fridge. It does keep longer than 5 days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the peppers, jalapenos, sugar, vinegar, and lime juice in a large saucepan over medium heat. Heat until warm and sugar is dissolved.
- 2Pour the mixture in a blender and blend for 5 seconds. Return the blended mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 3Skim off any foam that rises to the surface.
- 4Decrease the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in the pectin, increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
- 6Remove from heat and cool. The jelly will set as it cools down.
- 7When cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Hot Jalapeno Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (789 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 727.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 185.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 184.2 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: