Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a recipe of mine that I have perfected over the years, and that is always requested of me come fall.
- 1 lb beef round roast
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 small long zucchini
- 2 small long yellow squash
- 1 (28 ounce) candei fratelli whole stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can hunts tomato paste
- 1 (30 1/2 ounce) canbrooks mild chili beans
- 1 (30 1/2 ounce) canbrooks hot chili beans
- 1 (16 ounce) canbush's great northern beans
- 1 (16 ounce) canbush's black beans
- 1 (16 ounce) bag white pearl onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup hollands marsala wine
- 1⁄4 cup minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) jardell alpe hot giardiniera
- 1 cup honey-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Cut up roast into 1" cubes then put into a saute pan, add garlic and cooking wine and simmer covered over med low heat for 5 minutes.
- In a large pot ( I prefer an 8 quart) saute onions and peppers and mushrooms over medium heat for 2 minutes then transfer to a bowl.
- Add ground beef to pot and brown.
- Once cooked drain fat then add salt, chili powder and garlic.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add beans tomatoes paste, peppers and the roast.
- Cook for 15 minutes then add whole jar of giardinier(rinse off oil for a little less heat) and add brown sugar.
- Once mixed simmer for 3 hours.
- Serve And Enjoy.