1/1 Photo of Sweet-Hot Glazed Nuts
A tantalizing combination of sweetness and spice--these hot/sweet nuts are always a hit! Recipe may be made with almonds, walnuts or pecans (or a combination). Originally from Sunset magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, mix honey, sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, cayenne and cinnamon. Add nuts and mix well to coat.
- 2Scrape nut mixture into a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking pan and shake to make level.
- 3Bake in 300 degree F oven, shaking pan often, until nuts are golden brown under skins (break a nut to test, if necessary), 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4Scrape nuts onto a buttered 10-by-12-inch piece of foil and let cool about 5 minutes, then break apart.
- 5Serve, or store airtight up to three days. These nuts also freeze well; store in an airtight container or double freezer bag for up to 2 months. Makes a great holiday or hostess gift, presented in a tin or jar tied with a pretty ribbon.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet-Hot Glazed Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 145.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g