Recipe by BecR
A tantalizing combination of sweetness and spice--these hot/sweet nuts are always a hit! Recipe may be made with almonds, walnuts or pecans (or a combination). Originally from Sunset magazine.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- about 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shelled unsalted nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pecans, or a combination)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix honey, sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, cayenne and cinnamon. Add nuts and mix well to coat.
- Scrape nut mixture into a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking pan and shake to make level.
- Bake in 300 degree F oven, shaking pan often, until nuts are golden brown under skins (break a nut to test, if necessary), 20 to 25 minutes.
- Scrape nuts onto a buttered 10-by-12-inch piece of foil and let cool about 5 minutes, then break apart.
- Serve, or store airtight up to three days. These nuts also freeze well; store in an airtight container or double freezer bag for up to 2 months. Makes a great holiday or hostess gift, presented in a tin or jar tied with a pretty ribbon.