Recipe by Tish
I usually serve these with chicken or pork chops. Make it a little saucier and you can dip the meat in it...yummy
Top Review by LonghornMama
I'm always looking for new carrot recipes and this one was tasty and a little different. I never would have thought to add crushed red pepper but it works. Sweet and spicy with lots of sauce. Used 1/2 cup brown sugar which was plenty, and butter. An added bonus, quick to fix on the stovetop. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 lb peeled baby carrots
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more if you like to live dangerously)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil carrots until fork tender, about 17-20 minutes.
- Combine the brown sugar, apricot preserves, crushed pepper and margarine.
- Drain the carrots and dump the sugar mixture in.
- Simmer for about 5-10 minutes until the carrots pick up the taste of the sauce.