Recipe by blueeyedmarine
On a cool fall day, ready for some football! This great Chili recipe will be the hit of the party...sit back and enjoy a plethora of exciting flavors from sweet, hot and lime!
Top Review by Debby H
This was an excellent chili recipe. I was looking for something to use my leftover london broil from last night's supper. This fit the bill beautifully. Since my husband and I are both sissies when it comes to hot spicy food I cut the cayenne and hot pepper sauce to 1/3 of what was called for in the recipe. Thanks so much for sharing this GREAT chili recipe, it is already a favorite.
- 1 london broil beef, seasoned with
- dry steak seasoning
- olive oil
- 2 whole limes
- 2 large white onions
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, strained and rinsed.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, strained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (16 ounce) cansseasoned diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans New Mexico green chilies, whole,peeled,roasted
- 5 hot peppers, chopped or diced,remove seeds
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth (more if necessary)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup extra strong coffee
- 1 (8 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, chopped up
- 3 tablespoons hot chili powder
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Start by lighting up the grille, set to highest temperature.
- Place large pot on the stove burner and set medium heat, pour in olive oil (corn or vegetable oil will do) and add the butter and chop up onions and place in the pot to slightly brown, chop-up the New Mexican green chilies, roasted red peppers, garlic, red hot peppers (save one whole to toss in the pot) and add brown sugar to the entire mix and simmer…Now place the whole London Broil on the grill and char on both sides till the center is no longer pink and slice/chop or whatever to get into bite-size pieces and place in the pot.
- Drain the cans of beans, rinse and add to the pot of chili, add the can of tomatoes, add the extra strong coffee and the remaining ingredients stirring in each, cut one lime in half and squeeze in the juice, cut the second lime in half and squeeze in one side and chop the last half as finely as possible and add peel and all.
- Stir occasionally and simmer for 1 ½ hours, serve with Lime flavored Tostitos and enjoy the game!