Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
My family and I are big fans of sweet cornbread, but most recipes that I come across just aren't sweet or moist enough to suit our taste. This is why I came up with this recipe. I feel it is one of the most sweet and moist cornbread recipes around, so if your looking for those qualities this is the right one for you!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 9" cast iron skillet in oven and preheat to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter and honey.
- Pour honey butter over corn meal mixture along with the eggs and milk.
- Whisk until combined.
- Once oven has preheated, remove cast iron skillet and add the tablespoon of oil.
- Spread oil on the bottom of the skillet and half way up the sides.
- Sprinkle the bottom with the tablespoon of corn meal.
- Pour batter into the pan and place in oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 1-2 minutes before flipping out onto a plate. Be careful not to burn yourself!
- Slice and serve with honey butter.