My family and I are big fans of sweet cornbread, but most recipes that I come across just aren't sweet or moist enough to suit our taste. This is why I came up with this recipe. I feel it is one of the most sweet and moist cornbread recipes around, so if your looking for those qualities this is the right one for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 9" cast iron skillet in oven and preheat to 375°F.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix together the corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the butter and honey.
- 4Pour honey butter over corn meal mixture along with the eggs and milk.
- 5Whisk until combined.
- 6Once oven has preheated, remove cast iron skillet and add the tablespoon of oil.
- 7Spread oil on the bottom of the skillet and half way up the sides.
- 8Sprinkle the bottom with the tablespoon of corn meal.
- 9Pour batter into the pan and place in oven.
- 10Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 11Remove from oven and let sit for 1-2 minutes before flipping out onto a plate. Be careful not to burn yourself!
- 12Slice and serve with honey butter.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Honey Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.5
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 536.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g