Recipe by cookingpompom
A girlfriend gave me her recipe, which I lost as it was on a peice of paper. I wanted to re-make it, but she was away! So I tried to remember what was in it. I wrote down and measure everything, I managed to make the best corn bread I have ever eaten. I am keeping it here for safe keeping. Be sure to eat warm cornbread with honey butter.
Top Review by Tada J.
I was really worried when the batter was so soupy (using low fat milk might have contributed to that), but it baked up beautifully! Absolutely delicious! More like corn cake than cornbread, and that's a good thing if you like it sweet!
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (425 g) can creamed corn
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 cup corn, kernals
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄4 cups self raising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a large bowl, whisk until well combined. (425 gram tin of creamed corn is equal to 1 1/4 cups).
- Add the dry ingredients and fold through.
- Pour into a greased and lined 18x28 cm (lamington) tin.
- Bake at 180 c (375 F) for 20 - 30 minutes, or cooked when tested with a skewer.