Recipe by Stacey Sweet
This recipe can easily be adapted to feed a very large crowd or you can cut it in half to feed a smaller family.
Top Review by Cherry Pi Gal
Sorry to add a bad review! Made this for my family, and we thought it was just okay. The five-spice powder gave the sauce a strange texture that we didn't care for, but we loved the hoisin sauce... Maybe nexttime we'll do it with just the hoisin sauce. Thanks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons Chinese wine or 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 6 tablespoons corn syrup
- 5 lbs chicken drumsticks, skinned
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar, chinese five spice powder, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, cooking wine and mix well to form a paste.
- Rub the paste over the drumbsticks, giving the chicken a little massage.
- Place drumsticks in roasting pan, cover and marinate for 3 hours or overnight in your refrigerator.
- After marinading, Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked thouroughly.
- Remove rosting pan from oven; and brush drumsticks with corn syrup. Place under a preheated broiler for 2-3 minutes or until the glaze has turned a golden carmel colour.