Recipe by Jen T
Easy & fast way to jazz up green vegetables.
Top Review by White Rose Child
Adds a great "differentness" to your greens! I used a combination of broccoli stems/florets, green pepper and shredded mixed greens, and though I'm not used to sweet/sour dishes like this, I enjoyed it. My mom really liked the flavor too. Thanks!
- 6 cups assorted green vegetables (sliced leeks, cabbage, courgettes, asparagus, celery, broccoli or cauliflower florets, chopped green)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped herbs (lemon thyme, mint, chives or parsley)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam, boil, stirfry or microwave the vegetables until tender but still slightly crisp.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together and heat gently in a saucepan or the microwave until the sugar or honey has melted.
- Pour the hot sauce over the warm vegetables.
- Serve immediately.