Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Home Made Simple recipe. The original recipe uses buffalo sauce, but can be tailored towards the Southwestern using adobo sauce or Asian using Sriracha. The original recipe did not call for seasoning the wingettes with salt, but I'd lightly salt them pre-dipping into the sauce before baking.
Sweet Heat Barbecue Sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄3 cup buffalo, sauce (can sub 2 tbs adobo sauce or 2 tbs sriracha asian garlic sauce)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 -6 lbs chicken drummettes, patted dry
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard, buffalo sauce (can sub 2 tbs adobo or 2 tbs Sriracha), garlic and brown sugar.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; coat with nonstick cooking spray or can brush with vegetable oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss chicken drumettes with 1 cup of the barbecue sauce. Arrange on prepared baking sheet, being sure the drumettes aren’t touching each other.
- Bake until opaque and cooked throughout, about 30-35 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking.
- Carefully toss with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce.