Recipe by JESMom
If the loaf browns too much during baking, cover it with foil. Cook time includes standing time. From Easy to Bake, Easy to Make.
Top Review by litlluvbug
This bread came out perfect on the first try. I only wish I had taken a picture of our braided loaf to add to the site. It wasn't too sweet, and came out a nice full loaf. I will make this bread again.
- 4 -4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 ounce active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup warm milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 large eggs, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
- Add water, milk, butter, honey and 2 eggs. Mix very well, adding more flour if necessary, until a soft dough forms.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until it's smooth and stretchy, about 10 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl (I use the one I mixed everything in). Cover and let it rise in a warm place until it's doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Grease baking sheet. Punch down dough. Shape dough int oa ball. Place on baking sheet. Cover; let rise until doubled in size, 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat remaining egg in a small bowl until smooth.
- Uncover the loaf and brush it with the egg. Bake the bread until golden, about 30 minutes.
- Place on a wire reack to cool.