2 hrs 15 mins
If the loaf browns too much during baking, cover it with foil. Cook time includes standing time. From Easy to Bake, Easy to Make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
- 2Add water, milk, butter, honey and 2 eggs. Mix very well, adding more flour if necessary, until a soft dough forms.
- 3Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until it's smooth and stretchy, about 10 minutes.
- 4Place dough in a greased bowl (I use the one I mixed everything in). Cover and let it rise in a warm place until it's doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- 5Grease baking sheet. Punch down dough. Shape dough int oa ball. Place on baking sheet. Cover; let rise until doubled in size, 30-40 minutes.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat remaining egg in a small bowl until smooth.
- 7Uncover the loaf and brush it with the egg. Bake the bread until golden, about 30 minutes.
- 8Place on a wire reack to cool.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Hawaiian Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1076 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2950.9
- Calories from Fat 636
- Total Fat 70.7 g
- Saturated Fat 37.5 g
- Cholesterol 697.0 mg
- Sodium 3026.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 495.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.4 g
- Sugars 102.9 g
- Protein 80.8 g