Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I didn't have regular corn flakes on hand so I made this chicken coating while crossing my fingers! Drizzled with honey this makes a sweet and cripsy recipe!
- 4 cups whole frosted flakes (cereal)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons greek salt free herb and spice seasoning mix
- In a ziploc bag, roll all ingredients with a rolling pin until almost a powder. (If you like crunchy chicken, then roll until crushed.).
- Water rinse your chicken pieces before coating.
- Place chicken one peice at a time into crumbs, shake and press the crumbs on by hand to ensure total coverage.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Bake at 350f until done -- .
This mix reminds me of another recipe using Captain Crunch cereal. I think my grandkids would love this, but it is a little too sweet for me. I will keep this recipe handy to coat chicken tenders when cooking for my kiddos! Made for Spring PAC, April, 2012.
My kids were skeptical about the honey... so was I. But it was a nice change from our regular shake'nbake. Keepin' it!
I have a simular coating mix but I'll try this one too!