Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are delicately sweet muffins with a cake-like texture. So fresh and good. And oh soooo easy to make. Try these with a ham dinner too!
- 240.97 g crushed pineapple
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 177.44 ml sweet milk
- 7.39 ml fresh grated orange rind
- 473.18 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- Drain pineapple liquid into measuring cup. Add enough milk to pineapple liquid to make 1 cup. Combine with egg and orange rind.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour,sugar,baking powder,salt,and nutmeg.
- Blend milk mixture into dry ingredients, along with melted butter, mixing till just blended. Stir in crushed pineapple.
- Spoon into lightly buttered muffin pans. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, or until golden and set. Cool a bit but serve while still warm.
These are very good. Not overly sweet. Only change I made was using whole-wheat pastry flour instead of all-purpose. Liked the addition of the orange rind.