Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are delicately sweet muffins with a cake-like texture. So fresh and good. And oh soooo easy to make. Try these with a ham dinner too!
- 8 1⁄2 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sweet milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh grated orange rind
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Drain pineapple liquid into measuring cup. Add enough milk to pineapple liquid to make 1 cup. Combine with egg and orange rind.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour,sugar,baking powder,salt,and nutmeg.
- Blend milk mixture into dry ingredients, along with melted butter, mixing till just blended. Stir in crushed pineapple.
- Spoon into lightly buttered muffin pans. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, or until golden and set. Cool a bit but serve while still warm.
These are very good. Not overly sweet. Only change I made was using whole-wheat pastry flour instead of all-purpose. Liked the addition of the orange rind.