Recipe by piranhabriana
This was my mom's recipe and I always loved it! I like it because it has a hint of sweetness to it.
Top Review by Bev I Am
We really loved this light textured, slightly sweet version of cornbread! After mixing all the ingredients together and pouring into the pan, I allowed it to rest for about 10 minutes before baking, which resulted in a higher rise to the cornbread. It went very well with recipe #199366! Thank you for sharing, Summer's Mommy : )
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together egg, milk, and cooking oil in a small bowl.
- Slowly stir the liquid mixture in with the dry ingredients until fairly smooth.
- Pour into greased 9x12 pan.
- Bake in pre-heated 425 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.