Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came out WONDERFUL, and I'm not big on meatloaf!! I glazed it nicely with dark brown sugar and honey mustard. It's filled with canadian bacon and swiss cheese! Surprisingly good!!!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal, can sub dried bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 6 slices Canadian bacon, thin slices, can sub ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- In large bowl combine first 7 ingredients til very well mixed.
- Place mixture onto a sheet of foil.
- Press out to a flat, even 8"x10" rectangle.
- Top evenly with 6 slices canadian bacon to within 1/2" of edges.
- Do the same then with the swiss cheese.
- Roll up starting from long side, lifting and using the foil to help you roll it all up.
- Roll up tightly.
- Pinch ends and seam closed very well. Place seam side down onto cookie sheet, or keep on the foil (seam side down)and place onto cookie sheet, that's what I did. Easier clean up!
- Sprinkle with a little coarse ground pepper.
- Bake in 350º oven for 1 hour.
- Coat with glaze during last five minutes of baking time.
- Glaze: mix together honey mustard and dark brown sugar til syrupy.
- *Some hams can turn ground beef slightly pink. It is done in 1 hour. Just check juices to see if they are running clear.
- **"Do-ahead" Tip:This can be rolled up and refrigerated (covered)for up to 24 hours before baking.
Very nice! I used turkey instead of beef and sliced ham. This was also very easy and quick to prepare. Thanks! Reviewed for ZWT4.
This was easy and good and very different. It came out very moist. I made this exactly as directed except that the only honey mustard I had was spicy. I think next time I would add a little garlic as well. Thanks for sharing.