Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ooooh, so good! Adults might like this more than the kids, but count me among those who are hooked!
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries (one bag)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons sweet mixed spice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons red wine (a good drinking wine, not a "cooking wine")
- Rinse the cranberries well.
- Put all ingredients except wine together in a saucepan, cook on medium heat.
- Stir occasionally.
- When almost all the cranberries have popped and the mixture is starting to thicken, remove from heat.
- Stir in wine.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.