Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the another website. This seems so different and easy. I made some changes so here they are!
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 scallions, stalks sliced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium flame.
- Add the spices and the ginger and saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for 4 minutes, or until most of the liquid from the tomatoes evaporates.
- Add the maple syrup and corn and return to a simmer. Cook, stirring frequently to prevent sticking, for 5 minutes, or until corn is heated through.
- Add the scallions and mix.
- Serve immediately.
I made this last night for PAC fall 2006. YUMMY! I served it with pulled pork sandwiches. Skipped the maple syrup and upped the amount of scallions. This is a very pretty and tasty dish. Thanks for sharing! :)