Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this in a pamplet that came with my new Taste of Home magazine! A nice way to have chicken wings!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 chicken wings
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- snipped fresh parsley, optional
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Coat chicken wings in flour mixture; shake off excess.
- Place wings on a large greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350*F.
- for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain.
- Combine honey, orange juice concentrate, ginger and soy sauce; brush generously over chicken wings.
- Reduce heat to 325*F.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken tests done, basting occasionally with more sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving if desired.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
These were good!! Easy to make too. I used chicken drummettes. I think next time I will bake them a little longer. I don't think I baked them as long as I should have in both steps 5 and 9 I will also baste them a little more often than I did. I didn't watch them as closely as I should have. I will definitely make these again and when I do, if they come out better, I will update my review. Thanks Sharon for a great recipe.
Loved the sauce on these wings, it has just the right amount of flavor from the ginger in it. I will double the sauce next time. That way I can turn them and brush the other side with it. This was the first time I've dusted wings with flour before baking. I think the floured wings helps hold the sauce on. I wonder if a person could use hot sauce in place of the sweet sauce when making these. I'll give it a try someday and report back. Made for Cook-A-Thon for Sharon123 in Memory of her Husband
These wings rock! That's an exact quote from DH, and I have to agree with him! I forgot to reduce the heat after the first 30 minutes, but they still turned out great! Thanks for posting! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag game.