4 hrs 6 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
Adapted from Fountain Avenue Kitchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (non-fat or 2% both work well)
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves (can substitute peach jam)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced (I have used a teaspoon of dried ginger before)
- 3 dashes hot sauce (I use 4-5 shakes of Tabasco, add to your taste)
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined with the tail left on (thawed if frozen)
- 1In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except for the shrimp.
- 2Place shrimp in a large zipper-top bag. Add the marinade and fully distribute.
- 3Place in the refrigerator and allow the shrimp to marinade for several hours. I like to let it marinade all afternoon if possible, but have done it for as short as an hour. The longer it sits, the more the flavor will develop.
- 4When ready to grill, thread the shrimp on the skewers. I like to put the skewer through the top and bottom of each shrimp to anchor them better. You may also thread each shrimp on two separate skewers to prevent spinning.
- 5Grill over medium heat for about three minutes per side or until shrimp is just pink.
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Ginger Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 286.0 mg
- Sodium 1588.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 31.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: