Prep 4 hrs
Cook 6 mins
Adapted from Fountain Avenue Kitchen
Make and share this Sweet Ginger Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (non-fat or 2% both work well)
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves (can substitute peach jam)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced (I have used a teaspoon of dried ginger before)
- 3 dashes hot sauce (I use 4-5 shakes of Tabasco, add to your taste)
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined with the tail left on (thawed if frozen)
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except for the shrimp.
- Place shrimp in a large zipper-top bag. Add the marinade and fully distribute.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow the shrimp to marinade for several hours. I like to let it marinade all afternoon if possible, but have done it for as short as an hour. The longer it sits, the more the flavor will develop.
- When ready to grill, thread the shrimp on the skewers. I like to put the skewer through the top and bottom of each shrimp to anchor them better. You may also thread each shrimp on two separate skewers to prevent spinning.
- Grill over medium heat for about three minutes per side or until shrimp is just pink.