Recipe by Joe Ratner AKA 841519
Not sure where the idea came from but I tried this out on my girlfriend who never ate chicken liver and she liked it. Toasted sesame seed, caramelized ketchup and ginger thickened and coating browned floured chicken livers. I used Tamari soy sauce low sodium
- oil (for frying)
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy pan ( cast iron recommended) place enough oil to fully cover a chicken liver. Approximately 1 1/2 inch. Heat on medium to medium low heat to 350 degrees.
- Place flour 1 TBS ginger and white pepper in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Dredge livers in flour mixture and place in hot oil and cook until cooked through. Turn if necessary. Drain on paper towels or draining rags. When all livers are cooked keep warm in oven.
- Heat 1 Tsp oil in sauce pan until warm and put ketchup ginger sesame seed and soy sauce and heat until sauce thickens.
- Add fried liver and heat through. Serve on a bed of jasmine rice with an Asian vegetable stir fry.