Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ira Freehof, The Comfort Diner
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices raisin bread
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Assemble each sandwich: spread ½ teaspoon butter on 1 side of each slice; place butter side down on a clean, flat suface.
- Spread the peach preserves on the inside of each slice; scoop ¼ cup ricotta onto the inside of 1 slice; close the sandwich by placing the remaining slice of bread on the cheese, butter side out.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat; place sandwich onto the heat for 1 minute.
- Using a spatula, flip the sandwich; heat for 1 minute or so (the sandwich needs less time to cook than others because the cheese is soft).
- Both sides of the bread should be lightly toasted.
- Repeat with the remaining sandwiches, adding butter to the pan as needed.