Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A change of pace. Makes 4 pints.
- 4 lbs pickling cucumbers (12-16 small)
- 4 big garlic cloves
- 4 heads fresh dill or 4 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed (not celery salt)
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons pickling salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 teaspoons Ball Pickle Crisp.
- Cut a thin slice from both ends of each cucumber and discard. Cut cucumbers lengthwise into quarters.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt and tumeric in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Place 1 clove garlic, 1 head dill(or 1 tsp seeds), 1/8 tsp celery seed and 3/4 tsp Pickle Crisp into each hot, sterilized jar.
- Pack in cucumbers.
- Pour boiling vinegar mixture over cucumbers to within 1/2" of rim.
- Remove any air bubbles, wipe rims, add hot lids and rings.
- Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes for pint jars.