Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this off the internet. Turned out to have a very nice flavor and was beautiful. I also enjoyed the textures together. Be sure to use the firm, flat, non-astringent "Fuyu" persimmon NOT the squishy dry out your mouth kind.
- 4 fuyu persimmons, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped coarsely and toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- If you need to toast the pecans, you can do so in a dry frying pan on the stove top or in the oven on a cookie sheet.
- Stove top would be over medium heat constantly stirring for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Oven at 350 for about 5 minutes, make sure to check after a few minutes and give them a toss. Let cool.
- Gently fold ingredients together.
- Recommended to serve at room temperature.
- refrigerate leftovers.
Excellent salad!! Light and sweet with the crunchy nuts covering the crunch of pomegranate seeds, very nice
Such bright flavors! Love that it's so easy to make. Thx to Cookiedog for the hint on how to seed my pomegranates. Since I have lots of Fuyu persimmons from nice neighbors, this is the perfect recipe!
What a treat this salad is! I have never tried Persimmons before and they are wonderful. This recipe is so easy and attractive. Thanks Engrossed for a new taste treat.