This is an Asian dessert via Hawaii! Adapted from America the Majestic cookbook. Instead of making the wraps, you could just buy wonton wrappers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fresh shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut syrup (or other syrup)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped candied ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1Combine the flour, egg and salt in a bowl or food processor. Add enough water to make a stiff dough. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured board and knead well for 10 minutes. Cover and let the dough rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the fillings.
- 2To make any of the fillings, mix the ingredients in a bowl or food processor and set aside.
- 3Roll out the dough paper thin or pass it through a pasta machine. Cut it into 3" squares. Or you may just use bought wontons!
- 4Place 1 tbls. of filling in the center of each square, roll up the squares tightly and twist the ends like candy wrappers. Deep fry the wontons, a few at a time, at 375*F for 5 minutes until golden brown. Cool. Sprinkle the wontons with powdered sugar and serve them warm. If they cool off, they may be reheated in a 399*F. oven for 10 minutes, then dusted again with sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Finger Wontons
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 13.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: